When we try to troubleshoot issue in visual studio project having website and web service project both or may be troubleshooting different layers of visual studio project in solution we need to debug in multiple project.
Multiple project debugging is very simple but only difficulty is that Visual Studio keep is off by default. You can enable multiple project debugging with below simple steps in your solution.
- Open your Visual Studio solution
- Right click on your solution in Solution Explorer
- Select Properties
- Under Common Properties -> Startup Project, select Multiple startup projects
- In the Action column select Start from the dropdown of all the projects you want to debug
- Click OK or Apply
- Add debug points when you want debugger to stop for you and run the solution
It is as simple as that. Isn’t it 🙂